QueerExchange was founded in 2010 by volunteers and full-time employees within AFS Germany . Since then we've been supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual and pansexual as well as trans, intersex and non-binary people in student exchanges and in international voluntary services - in all non-profit exchange organizations.
Queer people are part of the German and international diversity of life and their identity and needs must be respected and taken into account. For program participants, host families, volunteers and full-time employees in the office, we are always available for questions, advice and assistance.
In addition, we raise awareness through workshops and training courses at internal and external events and offer multiplier training courses.
- #TransMediaWatchTogether with more than 155 other organizations, we support the #TransMedienWatch petition against anti-trans reporting and for respectful and objective dealings in the media. 🏳️⚧️ A lot has happened since the start four weeks ago, current reports are collected and analyzed on Instagram and Twitter. The petition still needs support. Signing and forwarding works […]
- QueerExchange is QueergestreiftWe are very proud to be part of the beautiful book Queergesreift by Kathrin Köller and Irmela Schautz! They cover people, stories, terminology and organizations from all parts of the LGBTQIA+ spectrum and deal with social, health and legal issues. On top of that, the book looks phenomenal! All information […]
- Update of our Special EditionsWe've updated our Special Editions for trans participants and their host families. There is a respective Special Edition for host families, trans participants in sending and trans participants in hosting. You can find them all here. The extra sheets for volunteers and full-time employees from AFS (and other organizations) are available in the download area of our intranet afser.de.
- We are celebrating our birthdayHappy Birthday to us - QueerExchange has been around for 10 years! Our big birthday party had to be canceled unfortunately, but put together a nice little book to look back at what we have achieved in a decade.
- Scholarship for LGBT * youthDo you urgently need a change of scenery? No problem, apply to AFS Intercultural Programs for the rainbow scholarship.
- QueerExchangeWe recently moved our website and the english and spanish version will follow as well. So this part is under construction and will be updated soon. You can find the main information below, if you need more just sent us a message!