QueerExchange is a group of volunteers and full-time employees at AFS Interkulturelle Begegnungen e.V., who has been campaigning for lesbian, gay, bisexual and pansexual as well as trans, intersex and non-binary people in student exchanges and in international volunteer service programs since 2010.
QueerExchange wants to amplify the voices of people who are discriminated against due to their sexual orientation or gender identity or who experience difficulties because of it. We want to be present, make families and life forms visible that don't fit into hetero- and cis-normative concepts, encourage an open approach to queer people and issues and work to ensure that queerness becomes a matter of course – also internationally!
Queer host children or host parents, homo-, bi- or pansexual and trans, intersex and non-binary people among the volunteers or at the job – all of this is already part of the diverse German society! Unfortunately, tolerant and respectful interaction on many levels – also internationally – is not yet a matter of course. That's why there is QueerExchange!
- We are celebrating a birthdayHappy Birthday to us - QueerTausch has been around for 10 years! Our big birthday party unfortunately had to be canceled, but we have recorded in a nice little notebook what we have tackled in a decade.
- Scholarship for LGBT * youthDo you urgently need a change of scenery? No problem, apply to AFS Intercultural Encounters for the rainbow scholarship.
- QueerExchangeWe recently moved our website and the english and spanish version will follow as well. So this part is under construction and will be updated soon. You can find the main information below, if you need more just sent us a message!
- We won!In January 2020, the campaign alliance against homophobia starts the competition LOVE = LOVE - competition for queer diversity. Projects were sought for more acceptance, respect and appreciation in dealing with sexual and gender diversity.
- AFS @ World PrideNumerous AFSers * inside, former participants, full-time employees and volunteers traveled together through the Big Apple at WorldPride 2019.